What Role Shocks Play
WHAT ARE SHOCKS AND STRUTS?
SHOCKS AND STRUTS HELP KEEP YOUR VEHICLE’S TIRES IN CONTACT WITH THE ROAD
- Shocks and struts not only improve ride comfort but are necessary for safe handling.
- Shocks and struts maintain vertical loads placed upon the tires. This helps ensure consistent, firm tire-to-road contact.
- By providing resistance to vehicle bounce, roll and sway - as well as brake dive and acceleration squat - shocks and struts help to maintain a balanced ride.
Shock absorbers are individual components of the suspension system
Struts are a major structural component of the vehicle chassis and suspension
WHAT DO SHOCKS AND STRUTS DO?
SHOCKS AND STRUTS PLAY A CRUCIAL ROLE IN A VEHICLE’S STEERING, STOPPING AND STABILITY
THE VITAL FUNCTIONS THAT RIDE CONTROL PRODUCTS PERFORM:
- Control excessive body and tire movement
- Reduce vehicle bounce, roll and sway - plus brake dive and acceleration squat
- Help to maintain consistent handling and braking
- Help maintain wheel alignment
- Help to reduce the potential of premature wear on tires and other suspension components