Munich, Germany – Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), a global supplier of Ride Performance and Clean Air products and systems, has announced today that its CVSA2 semi-active suspension technology – a cornerstone of its Monroe® Intelligent Suspension portfolio and originally developed for the sports car market – has been adapted for use in SUV and off-road applications with several new performance-enhancing upgrade options. Tenneco will showcase the latest generation of the technology this week during chassis.tech plus 2018, the 9th International Munich Chassis Symposium, taking place June 12-13, 2018 at the Hotel Bayerischer Hof in Munich.
Lake Forest, Illinois – Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), a global supplier of Ride Performance, Clean Air and Aftermarket products and systems, was named a GM Supplier of the Year by General Motors during its 26th annual Supplier of the Year awards ceremony, held Friday, April 20, in Orlando, Florida
- Transformational acquisition accelerates long-term value creation by creating two focused, purpose built industry leaders in their respective markets with greater scale, and strategic and financial flexibility.
- Brings together complementary businesses - the aftermarket and ride performance company will include Tenneco Ride Performance and Federal-Mogul Motorparts, and the powertrain technology company will include Tenneco Clean Air and Federal-Mogul Powertrain.
- The aftermarket & ride performance original equipment company will be one of the world’s leading multi-line aftermarket and OE suppliers with:
- Premier aftermarket brands, broad product coverage and strong distribution;
- A strong portfolio of OE braking and advanced suspension technologies and capabilities;
- An outstanding strategic position to 1) improve go-to-market capabilities in the Americas and EMEA regions, 2) capture Asia Pacific aftermarket growth, and 3) capitalize on new OE trends in mobility, electrification/autonomous driving.
- The powertrain technology company will be one of the largest pure play powertrain suppliers globally with:
- A portfolio of engine-to-tailpipe products and system solutions;
- An excellent position to capture content growth due to 1) the demand for improved engine performance, 2) tightening fuel economy and criteria pollutant regulations, 3) light vehicle hybridization trends, and 4) commercial truck and off-highway expansion opportunities.
- Acquisition expected to be value accretive and generate synergy opportunities of at least $200 million in annual earnings and $250 million in working capital.
Brussels, Belgium– Tenneco has expanded production of its popular Monroe® monotube shock absorbers by moving manufacturing to its state-of-the-art “G+” aftermarket ride control facility in Gliwice, Poland. The company also has invested in a new production line at the G+ facility to address rising demand for its premium monotube dampers.
Monroe® Safety Ambassador Thierry Neuville and his racing partner Nicolas Gilsoul claimed victory at the 66th Rally Sweden race held on Feb. 18, 2018. Neuville’s latest FIA World Rally Championship (WRC) win – his seventh overall and first at Rally Sweden – makes him the first Belgian and only the third non-Scandinavian driver in history to win the famed winter event.
Tenneco Inc. (NYSE:TEN), a global supplier of Ride Performance and Clean Air products and systems is supplying its Multi-Tuned Valve (MTV) suspension technology on the Swift Sport Manufactured in Japan, as well as the Dzire compact-sedan passenger car produced in Maruti Suzuki India Limited. The latest generation Swift, which made its debut in September at IAA 2017 in Frankfurt, Germany, will feature front struts and rear dampers from Tenneco.
Tenneco Inc. (NYSE: TEN) announced today that it is supplying commercial vehicle manufacturer Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA) with Clevite® Controlled Torque™ spring eye bushings for new Freightliner Cascadia® Class 8 tractors.